Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New to the Pentax Forums

I recently joined, just in time for world Pentax day nice coincidence, i have enjoyed photography for years but only recently got a camera to do anything with.

My first Dslr is a Pentax K-5 with the Pentax Lens 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DA AL IF DC WR i got last november i believe, i have done a short how to shoot with and getting to know your Dslr short course, i have taught myself most of it though.

For the christmas just past i got a Sigma 70mm 2.8 EX macro lens and love it.

I did a fair amount of research before i bought my first dslr, the reason i went the way i did is quality in both the K-5 and Pentax itself, consistency of Pentax, and the uniqueness, i dont long to be one of the masses who by a Canon or Nikon just to be like everyone else and hope to take good photos because of the brand name, i would like to be my own type of photographer and like to be different.

Anyways thanks for reading and i hope i continue to enjoy using the forums from now to the end.

Regards,
Aaron
(Pentaxian)

02-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are some beautiful B&W shots you've posted in the WPD gallery! Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks

Thank you Adam, and i love all aspects and forms of photography but sometimes i just love B&W more, it just makes more sense sometimes, it can take a dull colour photo and turn it into something great and also has the ability to reveal things that are seldom noticed in colour whether it be more of the scene as less distractions from colour or the ability to as i would put it reveal the soul behind the person.
02-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup that's absolutely right- sometimes the color takes away the attention form what's really important.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: