Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Moin from northern Germany

Hi,

PentaxDay was the reason for my to finally register to the forum. I used it passively quite a while.

I like to shoot landscapes (hey, they don't run away, and normally you dont have to fool around with model releases), but like to improve my skills in street photography. And of course, I shot family and holiday, but who doesn't? In my job as a science journalist, I also shot "professionally" some times, but not really as a pro photographer.

Since I upgraded from old Russian mechanical cameras with M42 lenses (which I still own), I have been using Pentax lenses (not fully true, there was a terrible Vivitar Series 1, a not so good Tokina wideangle zoom and a quite soft Exakta 24mm). On film, i shot on two Ricoh XR-X and a mechanical Ricoh (don't really remember the model), then digitally on the *ist D, from which I upgraded to the K-5 last christmas.

Apart from some standard lenses, I am quite proud to be owner of a Pentax SMC-A* 300/4.0. Maybe I will extend my line of lenses by a Sigma 10-20 in the near future.

Well, that's it for now. Letīs see how much time I will find to post in the forum now and then.

P.S. "Moin" means "good" as in "good morning", "good day", "good evening" - commonly used phrase here.

02-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Moin, moin, and welcome!

I lived in Kiel for 3 years while serving the US Navy as an austauschsoldat on FGS Luetjens.