Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Soon to be K10d owner!

I was going to wait until thursday when i get it and post my first picture as my first post, but the wait is killing me! I ordered the kit with the 18-55mm lens. My dad also has a few pentax lenses that i have access to, but i have no idea how good they are or what i should expect from them.

I should probably post this in the lens discussion section (and i might), but two of the manual lenses that i know very little about are:

Asahi SuperTakumar-Zoom 1:4.5 70-150mm

Sigma 1:2.8 135mm

Pentax M f1.7 50mm

Last edited by Quaffle; 12-24-2006 at 08:48 PM.
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
And here is a picure taken from my back yard with a 2mp canon. I like how it turned out.

12-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! I think your 50mm is fairly well thought of. I have the rather ordinary f2 version, but I seem to recall all the faster ones are pretty well regarded. (Not that there's anything wrong with mine, I like it, but they're a dime a dozen. Almost literally.) Looks like you have wonderful shooting right out your back door, post some with that lovely new toy soon!

Julie
12-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Welcome!

I'm also impatiently waiting for my K10 but it'll be a couple more weeks. Exciting, isn't it?

Nice back yard and nice sunset! I had a friend who loved on Puget Sound (is that spelled right?) there and sent me some of the most beautiful photos of his "back yard." Really made me envious. He was transferred back to Atlanta so his back yard is not nearly as fantastic.

Dan

12-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new camera. You have a lovely back yard but it will look better in a 10mp Pentax. Very nice shot BTW. Feel free to make us green with envy anytime. Have fun with the new camera and show us many pictures.

OH and the lenses you have use of are some very good lenses and focal lengths. The 50mm f1.7 is a good crisp and fast lens I have one along with the 50mm f2 and the 50mm f1.4 I like all of my 50's and the way they render a scene. Enjoy all of them.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome!

QuoteOriginally posted by Quaffle Quote
I was going to wait until thursday when i get it and post my first picture as my first post, but the wait is killing me! I ordered the kit with the 18-55mm lens. My dad also has a few pentax lenses that i have access to, but i have no idea how good they are or what i should expect from them.

I should probably post this in the lens discussion section (and i might), but two of the manual lenses that i know very little about are:

Asahi SuperTakumar-Zoom 1:4.5 70-150mm

Sigma 1:2.8 135mm

Pentax M f1.7 50mm
Wow, THANKS DAD! Very nice primes and a telephoto to complement a great camera (and not to mention a backyard that will make a few people green with envy - LOL!)

Bolt them lenses on and start shooting already!

Welcome again!