Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi Y'all from Alabama

I've been playing with P&S for several years and drooling over all DSLRs for a while. Just got myself a new K10D kit and have been deep in the user's guide now for about a week. I have no SLR experience at all so I have a lot to learn and am excited about this forum.

Forcing myself not to use the automatic mode and trying all of the priority options. My main interest (I think) is low-light environments without any flash. I figure if I can take some acceptable photos in that configuration, the outside daylight stuff will not be as much of a challenge.

Hope to be able to post some pics soon and get valued opinions and advice.

01-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Alabama,
Welcome. Glad to hear you have discovered the owners manual, its not a bad read
Look forward to seeing some shots.
Cheers
01-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #3

Welcome! I grew up in Calhoun County Alabama and I know there are plenty of photographic opportunities in your part of the world!

QuoteOriginally posted by nonnstop Quote
I've been playing with P&S for several years and drooling over all DSLRs for a while. Just got myself a new K10D kit and have been deep in the user's guide now for about a week. I have no SLR experience at all so I have a lot to learn and am excited about this forum.

Forcing myself not to use the automatic mode and trying all of the priority options. My main interest (I think) is low-light environments without any flash. I figure if I can take some acceptable photos in that configuration, the outside daylight stuff will not be as much of a challenge.

Hope to be able to post some pics soon and get valued opinions and advice.