Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Swede/Finland, hello!

Hi guys!
Been lurking around for some time but tought i better get a account of my own, way to much good information here not to say Thanks!
Been with SLR since ī99 so i am not a total newbie, but nor am i total pro for that matter Think it all started when i was a kid an my mom bought a old SLR house, to young to remeber what kind of lens there was, but i guess the 50. Iīd sneak upstairs and sit with it (i was about 6), trying to figure it out. Pulling the leveler to feed the film (dryshooting), setting the fokus and trying out the apparture. I did that so often that the shutter broke in half a year. In '99 i got enought money to get my first own SLR (canon) (been using compacts untill then, film ofc) with the kit lenses at my local store. Ordering rawfilm by the 35 meter rolls, loading them into the 36 frame plastic holders and developing then under a towel in the bathroom. That was alot of fun, and very educational when every shot cost you money, you realy make an effort to get it right! Got to know the head master at a community school and he lend me a key to their photo lab so i could delvelop and "print" my shots. Thatīs how it started.
I bought the digital DLSR, a nikon, when it came affordable but was very disapointed with the resaults, so i went 6x4 instead. Bronica, poor mans hasselblad. Worked well for me. Also had a 2-eye rolliecord for a while.
Then back to canon, digital this time. Gave it a few years but i was still not satisfied. Sold off the whole lot, and bought a Pentax K-r (man those are hard to come by in the stores!) with the kitlens and a selection of manual ones. Loved the sensor but wanted more WR, so i bought the K-5, and here we are!

Right now i am trying to get a decent lens setup and will probably ask about the manual ones. Looking forward to the Lens Roadmap 1.4 extender, that will be a big seller the first months, if my predictions are right (aka i will get one)

My big interests when it comes to motives is Nature, prefer the dramatic north of Sweden with the mountains, but now i live in a southern city in Finland so macro and portraits is the new thing. For now.

Well, just wanted to say Hi!

Last edited by Vanheden; 02-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us.