Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #1

Newbe from Northern Ireland

Hello to everyone out there,
I'm a new member from Northern Ireland and I've joined the forum to meet others and hopefuly learn about photography.
I'm in my 50's now and took up an interest in phoography a few years ago.
I started with a Nikon D200, moved on to a D300 but decided to make the switch to Pentax a month ago.
Sold all my Nikon gear and have just bought a K-5.
I'm currently looking for a couple of lenses for it.
I'm inerested in most aspects i.e. sports, landscape and macro so I'll ned lenses to cover these subjects.
I looked at this forum and was impressed by the amount of information being shared and the friendliness of the members.
So on that note I'll say cheers for now and look forward to getting involved in some of the discussions, I'll be asking all the questions!

02-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and also welcome to the K-5 club. Let's see, UWA Sigma 10-20mm for Landscapes, Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro and a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 for sports would be a good start.
02-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #3

Hi and welcome.

K-5 is a great choice. You can find lots of information about lenses on this forum
Here is a useful table of all K-mount compatible lenses sorted by focal length.

Amazon, BH, Adorama have good prices on lenses quite often. And if you buy from BH and Adorama you also support this forum if you follow the links posted here Also, if you shop at BH or Adorama you can get Site Supporter status which allows you to sell at the Marketplace here on this forum
You can find lots of offerings of used lenses there. There is a "Wanted" section as well.

Good luck building your new system.
02-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hello
Thanks for the welcome messages and your advice!
I'll listen to all advice and build my system slowly me thinks.
Regards

02-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Just joined myself. Seems like ditching Nikon for Pentax is the new craze :P
02-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #6

Original Poster
Nikon to Pentax

Hi
I'm not only new to Penrax but also to a Forum of any kind although I've always read other's views on different topics.
I couldn't ignore the spec/price of the K-5 compared to the Nikon D7000 I was thinking of changing to.
Hope we've made the right choice, time will tell.
Best Regads