Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2008, 07:01 AM   #1

Generally new

Hey everyone,

I've been browsing the forums for a couple days and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jason and I am temporarily in southeast Kansas. If all goes according to plan, soon I'll be living in the Faroe Islands, where the landscapes and people are fantastic. I'm pretty new to photography (but not clueless) and definitely new to Pentax. I've had a K10D with the kit lens and a 70mm Limited for about a month. I owned a Canon Digital Rebel XT previously and I'm definitely glad I shoot with Pentax now.

Looking forward to all the advice and Pentax talk here!

01-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the board Jason. Fortunately, with the power of the net you will still be able to visit us here.

With their weather I'm looking forward to some exceptional views.
01-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Jason and welcome. Before you go to the Faroe Islands, post some pics of Kansas up please. I'd like to see that and I am sure heaps of aussies would too.

Have fun

Peter
01-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
With their weather I'm looking forward to some exceptional views.
I know! I can't wait to go back and apply what I've learned since then so I can do the islands justice.

01-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hooppjs Quote
Before you go to the Faroe Islands, post some pics of Kansas up please. I'd like to see that and I am sure heaps of aussies would too.
I have to admit that I can't imagine the appeal of pictures of Kansas, but maybe because the area is so familiar to me. I'm driving down to Oklahoma this weekend and hopefully I can come back with something decent.
01-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frostugh Quote
I have to admit that I can't imagine the appeal of pictures of Kansas, but maybe because the area is so familiar to me. I'm driving down to Oklahoma this weekend and hopefully I can come back with something decent.
Yer I know what you mean. It is like me and my backyard. I think it has something to do with the Mrs over my shoulder and the Wizard of OZ.

Peter
01-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hooppjs Quote
the Wizard of OZ
Ah yes, the bane of anyone who's ever lived in Kansas.

I'm thinking that, property lines and fences permitting, this trip may be a good opportunity to get really low with the Gorillapod and try to take some shots in the field that way.

Do you have pictures of your area somewhere?

01-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nope, not of Sydney. When I go to spectacular spots, I am fishing and will have a Kodak point & shoot. I have mainly scale car & boat shots on here.
I'll try to get some soon or someone else will.

Peter
01-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #9

Original Poster
Today was an amazing day for being in the middle of winter (about 20º C), but I didn't get any good shots. There's litter everywhere here. I found an entire bag of garbage in a stream! I tell you, I can't wait to get back to the Faroes where everyone respects what they've got. I'll keep trying other places here, though.