Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from snowy New Brunswick.

Hi, as I mentioned in the title, I'm from New Brunswick(Canada), purchased a K-5 just under 2 months ago (Previous camera was a D5100), and I have to say, I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase, as it has lead to me broadening my interest in photography. In my seemingly endless quest for knowledge of what lenses are out there, the benefits of each, and just general photographic knowledge, I've come across this forum dozens of times.(No joke) So, I figured I'd finally join the forum, as it will probably save me some headache in the future.

Other than photography, I like to play paintball(Re-ball during the winter, as paint would turn into pellets of death in this weather). I also tend to play(Waste time) on a few video games. In regards to my interest in paintball, as of late, I'm working on merging the two interests, as the CXBL(Canadian X-Ball League) is looking for a few people to fill the media gaps in the Atlantic Canada Region. Doesn't pay anything, but according to a photographer I had spoken to at an event this last year, you can always cover your costs by talking to team captains about getting them some prime photos(Break-out shots, mid-air dives, etc...). So at the very least, I won't lose any money while building a portfolio for myself as a sports photographer.

Alas, running out of things to say - In closing, I think I'll enjoy being a member of your community, from what I can see, most everyone here is well rounded.

Feel free to ask me anything you want, I'll answer as best I can.(So long as it's pertaining to me, I can pretty much give straight answers. If you want to know the capital of Zimbabwe, you might get a LMGTFY link :P)

02-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I'm glad to hear you're happy with Pentax, and as always, it's great to see folks who've visited before join the site

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: