Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a K20D, my first digital camera which I purchased without a kit lens and with a 35mm limited. Now I'm in the market for a 18-55mm, since it's the most affordable relatively wide angle lens available. I will be using the lens mostly to photograph architecture. I'm not an amateur photographer in the usual sense, but an architecture student who will use the photographs mostly as documents and raw material to produce architectural renderings out of. The reason I joined is because I spotted a nice 18-55mm WR that I hope to purchase.

02-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! While the kit lens is certainly affordable, it's not the sharpest tool in the shed by any stretch of the imagination. The Tamron 17-50mm, which goes for around $400 new, is a much better choice if you can afford it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. That's slightly more than I'd like to invest. I won't be doing any professional work, and just need something versatile when I need to document places or buildings. For 'fun' photography, I prefer primes.