Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #1

new to site

Hi
I am ozarker and new to site and the world of internet. I am 68 years old and not really sure if I am in the right place. I joined this site to get information to take pictures better. I have had my Pentax forever i received it as a gift in the 60's and it takes great pictures. If I can figure it out I will up load one. I have learned a great deal from just reading the forum.
Thanks to all who partisipate.

02-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums.
Which Pentax do you have. I look forward to seeing some of your shots
02-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
I have a K1000 and it takes beautiful pictures. I am trying to figure out how to upload some pictures but so far all have failed to up load. I will figure it out eventually. Thanks for your reply guess I did something right.
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter

I still have my k1000 I bought new in 1978. It still gets some use tho not nearly as much as it did when it was my only film camera.
If you wish to upload to a thread like this one it is simple.
1 Go to the reply section at the bottom of the page. click go advanced.
2 Scroll down to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. click on that box.
3 It will bring up a screen with browse buttons. click the top one it will open ypir picture files on your computer
4 Click to open the photo you want to up load. click upload.
5 After finished uploading click the submit reply button
6 You can also check out the post prior to replying just click the preview post

02-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi

Thanks I will give that a try
02-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #6

Original Poster
I tried it and it went good up to download and it disconected from the internet within seconds.
02-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ozarker Quote
I tried it and it went good up to download and it disconected from the internet within seconds.
I have never had that happen did you try again?
02-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi ozarker - welcome.

I've had similar problems when attempting to upload a file. Normally the cause has been one of two issues: either the file I want to upload is to large (I think the size limit is 1MB), or that file is opened in another program on my computer.

This link may be helpful to you (assuming you haven't seen it yet): https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-upload-photos-begi...tart-here.html

02-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #9

Original Poster
Hi

I have tryed again and Ithink it worked. Now how do I let everyone see it.

Last edited by ozarker; 02-20-2012 at 06:38 PM.
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have tryed again and Ithink it worked. Now how do I let everyone see it.
Because your photo is attached to this forum thread, it is only visible here.

If you are interested in uploading a collection of photos so that others may view them as a group, you might consider the 'Edit Albums' option available under the 'My Account' button on the top-right of your page. There you will be able to add albums and upload photos to them. Once you have photos there, you can share the address (URL) of those albums to whomever you like (assuming you set them as public). As an example, here is a link to my albums: hollywoodfred's Albums - PentaxForums.com.

But a word of caution, a public album will be viewable by anyone on the internet, assuming they could find the URL.

You might also check out the options listed under the 'Photos' menu selection. I've not used it, but it looks like the central location for sharing photos. Here's a brief explanation: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/152032-questi...galleries.html

Hope this helps.

Fred
02-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks Fred and to all others who have aided me in traversing this stie. To one not computer savey it is over welming as to what button to click on. I will spend some time reviewing the how to's before trying it again.