Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax day got me here

Hi!

My name is Gustaf Thorslund. I live outside Linköping in Sweden. In November 2010 I got my first DSLR. WR, and DNG as raw format (I like open standards) made me choice a Pentax K-5.

When I read about the Pentax day some weeks ago I thought it would be an interesting task. During the day I was out in totally about 6½h. I think sometimes it was as warm as minus 10°C but when I got in at night it was minus 20°C. Both me and my camera where doing kind of fine.

After taking my shots the sorting/processing started. I have only used RawTherapee under Linux for the processing. For sorting I first picked 29 images then I started to annoy friends and family with them to get some feedback. After getting some feedback I picked five shots to upload. There where some more I could have contributed with.

The final and easiest part was to register and upload the images. Now I'm looking forward to get even more feedback.

Best regards,
Gustaf

02-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Going out and shooting in that sort of cold takes some dedication- you must be a true Pentaxian.

This shot is fantastic:
Frozen straw in sunrise - Pentax User Photo Gallery

If you'd like to get more comments, I recommend that you also post the photos in the "post your photos" forum. See you at the next WPD!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam! Was at least two friends who really liked that shot.

This was how I looked like when I got inside after midnight:
http://gustaf.thorslund.org/tmp/IMGP4323.jpg

It was a bit complicated to pop up the flash. Strange since I had "just" been out for 1½h ;-)
02-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's quite a ghastly shot I don't think I've ever been out in the cold for that long!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #5

Original Poster
I was actually not even freezing. But I had quite some clothes on me.