Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for helping me fix one of my lenses!

Hello everybody..,

I must say, this is probably the biggest and thus seemingly the most chaotic (like my own house and administration) website Ive visited in a long time. Luckely there is a well functioning search engine!
I decided to sign up after I opened and fixed my new almost 50 years old lens, the macro takumar 50mm preset version, with help from a thread from this website. I like very much to use the old lenses and Ive collected a bunch of them already. I started out in 2007 with my k10d and a panagor 90mm macro lens with faulty aperture ring (it worked, but without opening the aperture for focusing) The quality of pictures made me enthusiastic and by now I own two of them, the second one in perfect working order. Im a bit of a macrofoliac... but in order to do something different every now and then I also got a smc fisheye 17/4 (but mostly ended up taking close up aka macro pictures with it..). Some where along the line I will fill some caption or under-script with the rest of my equipment when I find the best spot for it. In the mean time I thought I would introduce myself via my first pics with the macro-takumar :

margriet's Album: macro-takumar 50mm/4 preset - PentaxForums.com

greetz,
margriet

02-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter

And nicely taken shots, too! Warm welcome, we look forward to more of your shots.
02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, margriet. Your macro photos are beautifully composed! I don't often look at something as small as moss - thanks for that inspiration.
02-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi margriet,
Welcome to the forums! That's a lovely set from a lovely lens, great job fixing it. Many here love the old glass, there is even a lens club for preset lens. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/172417-preset-lens-club.html

02-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for all the compliments! Im used to making most pictures for registration and determination (biology - ecology) I hope to find here a think-tank for getting better in lighting/compositions/ all non macro stuff and neat macros.
The preset lens club is a good start! Ill check it out and join in.

greetz,
margriet
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Ha welkom Margriet!

You can also join the social group about maco photography

Last edited by Iris; 02-21-2012 at 11:48 AM.
02-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Hey Margriet! A warm welcome here, hope you will have fun at these forums! It's a great place, with lots of information, as you will find out.
Great to see you here (too). And, just fyi: I have another version of the Tak 50/4 macro...
02-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #8

Original Poster
Ha Iris en Rense,

Wat leuk elkaar hier te treffen! (How nice to meet here!).
I joined the macro group, with spring on the horizon probably soon will become active there.
(Or before with some threads about "to flash or not to flash")

@Rense; didnt you also have some other 50 or 55 mm macro lens? I was actually looking for a panagor 55mm macro, when this takumar crossed my path. I am very content, though still eager for panagor.. mmm little addictive, right?

regards, Margriet

02-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
Site Supporter

I have a Panagor macro 55mm F/3 (m42) and a Panagor macro 90mm F/2.8 (K-mount)..
I think Rense has them as well or at least something similar.
Did not try the 90mm much yet, so hope to use it a bit more often this spring and summer.
02-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #10

Original Poster
I have had a 90mm panagor macro lens since 2007 and its my most used lens, I think youll have fun this summer with it!

regards, margriet