Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #1

New around here...

Hi,

I'm new to the Pentax world. I look forward to learning from the experts around here. I did buy a K-5 several months ago, but I think it's probably too much camera for me at this point, so will be selling it. I'm looking into some of the mirrorless cameras (including one I hear will come out soon from Pentax - sounds interesting...) Anyway, the Q looks like something I might pick up for my wife, but I might try to get a Kr or K10 after selling my K-5. Then when I've learned the basics and have advanced more, I'll get a high end camera.

Anyway, I love landscape photography and really want something I can take on my mountainbike and hiking expeditions, stuffed away in my backpack. I'm also interested in learning more about street photography... So much to learn, so little time!

Anyway, it's great to find another friendly place online.

Regards,

Wayne

02-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the collective Wayne. You already have a great camera in the K5, KEEP IT and get your wife the Q, you will not disappointed. Just my $0.02 cents Cliff
02-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Welcome to the collective Wayne. You already have a great camera in the K5, KEEP IT and get your wife the Q, you will not disappointed. Just my $0.02 cents Cliff
Thanks, much appreciated. As much as I love the camera, I don't have the funds to get another, so if I sell, I can fund something like a KR and another small mirrorless camera on the used market. We'll see what happens. Thanks again!