Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 129
New Here

Hi. I am new to DSLR and to Pentax. I love taking pictures with my point-and-shoot and my iPhone, so I decided to Take the next step and after months of reading reviews over the internet i decided on the Pentax k-5. Hope to learn a lot from you guys in terms of photography techniques as i understand the science as a Physics Teacher.

Here is one of my pictures I shot yesterday when I went out to get familiar with the camera. 500px / Photo "When hunger calls" by Michael Henry. Comments are welcome on how to be better.

02-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian
rvannatta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Apiary, Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,176
QuoteOriginally posted by meddoc101 Quote
Hi. I am new to DSLR and to Pentax. I love taking pictures with my point-and-shoot and my iPhone, so I decided to Take the next step and after months of reading reviews over the internet i decided on the Pentax k-5. Hope to learn a lot from you guys in terms of photography techniques as i understand the science as a Physics Teacher.

Here is one of my pictures I shot yesterday when I went out to get familiar with the camera. 500px / Photo "When hunger calls" by Michael Henry. Comments are welcome on how to be better.
You done good!..... It's gonna be hard to improve. With critters, closer usually better.
02-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 129
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
You done good!..... It's gonna be hard to improve. With critters, closer usually better.
Thanks. I am concerned about getting to close and spooking them. Lol. They might attack.
02-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,340
Welcome to the Forums.
Nice squirrel shot. Yeah you have to be careful with them thar squirrels. They can't be trusted

02-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 129
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Welcome to the Forums.
Nice squirrel shot. Yeah you have to be careful with them thar squirrels. They can't be trusted
Thanks. Lol. No they cant.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax, pictures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would my Chinon lenses fit to a Pentax dSLR? Sarajevo Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 10-01-2010 01:12 AM
Novice Here (Cheap Flash Questions) Globaldanish86 Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 9 06-21-2010 02:48 AM
Flexible Lens? NecroticSoldier Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 02-23-2010 08:33 PM
Landscape I'm new here, let me know what you think of my first K7 shots coachteeter Post Your Photos! 7 02-23-2010 05:14 AM
Hard LCD Protection Cover (k100d S) scott_wright Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 02-21-2010 08:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top