Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #1

Hello! From Denver, CO

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesus, pleasure to meet you! This site has been an excellent source of information for the past several months and am now taking the leap to membership to support this wonderful resource. I purchased my 1st DSLR, an Olympus E-520, about 4 years ago after finding point & shoot cameras inadequate for my needs. Two years or so later, I sold the camera to my sister with the kit, Zuiko Digital ED
14-42mm F3.5-5.6, lens and one other (telephoto zoom) lens I am ashamed I cannot recall. I am glad I made the switch as the 4/3 system was going to micro 4/3 and I hadn't invested heavily in glass yet. After doing extensive research on my next, long term, DSLR I decided on Pentax's K-5 over Sony's A77 and do not regret the decision one bit.

I am by no means an expert photographer; I'd probably call myself a 'casual enthusiast' (lazy to find subject matter but is interested in quality gear). That said, I am looking for a new lens, specifically a zoom lens to replace the kit lens or maybe advice... I'll create a proper thread (if applicable) regarding this at a later time.

Best,
Jesus

02-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Jesus, and welcome to the Forum!
I'm also a Denver Pentaxian and there are several other members here from the Mile High city.
Hope you enjoy your time here, any questions, post away.
Ron

Last edited by rbefly; 02-21-2012 at 07:03 PM.
02-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Jesus. I like my 18-135. I lent it to my son, so I am using the 50-135 a lot right now. DIfferent price ranges, but each is often available in the Marketplace The Pentax Marketplace | Sell Pentax | Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com
02-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Ron; you bet I'll be posting away!

02-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Arn; I look forward to checking out the marketplace!