Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fáilte from Galway, Ireland

Hi,
I joined a while back but never introduced myself. So here goes-
I'm Patrick Dinneen (36), from Cork but living in Galway, West Ireland.
Most of the photos I take are taken from around Galway and are an eclectic mix- anything that catches my eye.I often try to take shots that are a bit different from the norm, espically if it's a often shot landmark etc.
I love photography and am trying out as much new stuff as I can- sport, doing 2 weddings this year, macro (just got a macro lens). I enjoy just going out equipt with my camera and seeing what I can capture.

I got a Panasonic FZ-28 a few years back, liked it a lot (expect for low light and lack of bokeh). Along came my kids and it was a good excue to upgrade to a DSLR.So now I shoot mainly with a Pentax K-7. I'll upgrade to a K-5 when money allows.
Lenses I have are:
Sigma 70-200 f2.8
Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro
Tamron 18-50 2.8
Sigma 30mm f1.4

I have a photoblog/website where I put up my favorite photos in galleries and general stuff in the blog section- http://www.photoblog.ie/ Please have a look and give me feedback on it; I'm still tweeking it....

Here's my Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacork
Finally I tweet infrequently; mainly interesting photography links, photos etc- http://twitter.com/pacork

Anyway, that's me.
Cheers,
Pa.

02-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hello Patrick from Yorkshire. Had a look at your flickr stream very varied shot's there, I like a lot of them, as you say, "very eclectic", but that's a good thing. Got round to saying hello than after 110 post's. welcome to the forums.
02-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Patrick. We loved visiting your area a few years back - really like your foggy tree shot form Galway.
02-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments.
I have 2 young kids so don't get out as often as I'd like to photographing. Maybe that's why I shoot anything and everything I see rather than focusing on one area.