Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #1

Dear all, I am new.

Hello! After "spying" on PentaxForums.com for quite a while I finally decided to subscribe.

I am Lamberto, of Italian origin, I lived in UK for the last 6 years and now I am living in Lithuania. Hopefully soon I will move to Tenerife. Everybody knows me as Lambert Schlumpf, long story.
I actually don't have my Pentax yet, it has been shipped from fleaBay.co.uk just today, and I will be in London to get it just on the 21st of March: Long waiting!

I start from the beginning: I had previously a Canon EOS 450D of which I was not particularly pleased, nothing wrong with it but just I didn't like it, hence I sold it before leaving UK in June 2011.
I was about to get a Nikon, but then I saw in G+ some very cool pictures taken with a K-5 and old lenses, so I investigated. End of the story I eventually will get a K-5

In the meanwhile, I decided to start shooting film instead. It will teach me to think for each shot instead of taking pictures randomly. Film costs -> mistakes cost. I am confident that this will make me a better "camera user" (I am not a photographer yet)

So, my camera for now is a Pentax ME Super, coupled with a Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 prime, lens kindly donated by my friend Paul from Holland, met on Google plus (he's the guy of the very cool pictures on g+, I am pretty sure he's on here too) - I will pay him the shipping cost only (he said), great birthday present in advance

Anyway, I am pleased to "meet" you all!

Last edited by ElStellino; 02-03-2014 at 12:37 PM.
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us. Please enjoy your stay.
02-21-2012, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. I too came from the Canon land, but did try Nikon before settling with Pentax a few years ago. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here, and there is always someone willing to help out.
02-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys

twilhelm, I took a shortcut (シ)

02-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Luca. UK to Lithuania to Tenerife - what a change, but lots of different photo opportunities!
02-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Arn, climatically challenging

I only regret that I will have the camera just when all the snow will be gone, a missed chance of taking potentially good black and white photos..
And news from last night: the wife can't wait too to get the new camera (シ)
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM - 1 Like   #7
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good news on getting that camera. If you haven't seen the photos on the POTW (Picture of the week) threads the last few weeks, cif has posted a lot of great shots of the European winter. You can check the last few weeks' shots here Weekly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
In fact, check out all the weekly challenges.

02-22-2012, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #8

Hello Luca, I am new here to. I have lens for my Pentax 35 mm camera but am thinking about getting a digital to use them with.