Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #1

Hi all! Glad I found you.

Hi

Got my fist K1000 about 30 years ago and have been brand loyal since then. When the whole digital revolution came along, I actually tried out both Canon and Nikon, but I was just not impressed enough to spend the extra money.

Now I've got a K20D and love it. It has definitely re-vitalised my photography.

I shoot mostly landscapes, cityscapes and what I would call "technical" photography: Macro, microscopic, telescopic, time-lapse and stitched panoramas. Have yet to break into studio and portrait work, though I've dabbled with informal people pictures at various social events.

My name comes from my nickname during my college days, when I was heavily into creating fractal landscapes that ended up looking not unlike the "fiddly bits around Norway".

Hope to see you all on a thread near here soon.

Slarty'

02-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Slartybartfast Quote
Hi

Got my fist K1000 about 30 years ago and have been brand loyal since then. When the whole digital revolution came along, I actually tried out both Canon and Nikon, but I was just not impressed enough to spend the extra money.

Now I've got a K20D and love it. It has definitely re-vitalised my photography.

I shoot mostly landscapes, cityscapes and what I would call "technical" photography: Macro, microscopic, telescopic, time-lapse and stitched panoramas. Have yet to break into studio and portrait work, though I've dabbled with informal people pictures at various social events.

My name comes from my nickname during my college days, when I was heavily into creating fractal landscapes that ended up looking not unlike the "fiddly bits around Norway".

Hope to see you all on a thread near here soon.

Slarty'
Welcome aboard!

I also own a K20D, among others, and find this to be the most dependable camera I have had the pleasure to use ... a lot !

By the way ... "fractals" ... strange enough that you mention this because I was watching a TV show last evening about it !
What really perked my interests this time was when they explained the "fractal nature" of the natural world.

JP
02-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard.. I liked the fiddly bits you did around Norway.

Arrrrrrrr
cmohr