Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Pittsburgh

Hello to all,

I have a Pentax K110D and am looking to find out how I can 'tether' it to either my IPad or laptop. In just a few weeks I am going to begin taking pictures for a local animal shelter to be posted on Petfinder in hopes that nicer photos will boost their adoption rates. It would be great if I could see the pictures as I take them - I don't want/need to operate the camera remotely - only take the picture and look at the IPad/laptop to see how good/bad the picture is. I've seen some kind of an SD like card that is somehow set up with WiFi which is fine but if I don't happen to have access to WiFi that won't do me any good. In lieu of that, is there some kind of software and/or cables that I can make this happen? I'm hoping that there is an affordable way to do this, as this is a 100% volunteer position.

Thanks in advance!

02-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Forum Member

I have an Eye-fi card that makes an ad-hoc connection to your iphone or ipad, so the ipad will load photos directly from the camera (Eye-fi card.) I'm not sure which card models are mobile-device-compatible these days, but a quick trip to the eye-fi website would clear that up. Having said that I had frustrating experiences keeping my Nikon d90 and Iphone talking to each other. I don't really use the card anymore. I have used Sofortbild as a free tethering app for my D90 and Macbook, but it is only Mac and only supports Nikon bodies at this time. You connect the d90 to the laptop w/ a simple mini-usb cable. So that doesn't help you, but there are probably other "dumb" wired tethered softwares around that could help you out. That would be a whole 'nother pile of research though.
02-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think people from Pittsburgh should consider getting the yellow k-01... to be a loyal fan of the Steelers.... Welcome..