Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #1

Greetings from Vermont

I have been a Pentax user since my Dad took me to his home town of NY City and bought me my first SLR camera for my high school graduation in 1981. My worn out ME Super sits on a shelf beside its replacement that my wife bought me for Christmas in 1998. That one is a ZX-10 and still works well when ever a need to shoot film arises. I entered the digital age just prior to a trip to Alaska in 2007 when I purchased a K100D body that I plugged my old lenses on and I was enthralled with the instant gratification. I am now equipped with a K-5 and a couple of DA* lenses and in my glory that well exceeds my amateur skills. I have a house full of 3x5 prints and a 1T hard drive that is nearing capacity mostly of the people in my world and things that I like. Occasionally I get an image that is more than just a memory and feel the need to share. This forum seems to be one of the few places on the web that folks are helpful and friendly and I look forward to being a part of it.

02-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome -- another great Pentax story. Of course you'll find lots of users here equally enthralled by using classic older lenses alongside the new ones. Enjoy!
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #3

Welcome! Nice to see another Vermontah here. Yer gonna like it. Great bunch of very helpful people, lots of good information, and good used gear.I'm in Bristol.
02-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. We want to get to Vermont for the fall colours, but haven;t made it yet. I'll look forward to some of your photos.

02-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Arn! Our trip to Alaska that I mentioned brought us through Vancouver and it was spectacular, really enjoyed our brief stop in your fine city where we embarked on a cruise ship and headed north. You have inspired my first attempt at posting a couple pictures:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the photos. Nice 3-D effect in the cow shot!
The weekly contests are great - they give everyone a lot of places to post photos, and you get to see what is going on in other places. At Weekly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com