Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi from South Africa

Hi, I'm Errol from Johannesburg in South Africa. I've been using Pentaxes for many years. Bought my first Pentax S3 in the Sixties and used it for thousands and thousands of exposures until the shutter became unreliable. I've used various other Pentaxes since, and I'm now fairly satisfied with the K100D. Digital certainly is a lot easier and quicker, but something is lost without the long hours bent over trays of chemicals, the clicking of the enlarger timer, the water overflowing steadily from the washing tank, the dim orange glow from the safelight ...

Last edited by ecollen; 02-27-2012 at 11:13 PM.
02-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thats a world I never new :ugh: I was always happy to have mine developed at the local chemist.

You have joined a great group here, enjoy.
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi WWW, Thanks for the welcome. Oh, that was great fun. And as I was on a farm out in the bush, there wasn't always quick access to the local chemist. So it made still more sense.
Cheers, Errol