Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2012, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Hilton Head Island, SC

I am a long time photgrapher who has progressed thru numerous stages of the evolution of photography..simple black & white film & cameras, working in the Darkroom (can still remember the chemical smells), on to color slides and film and on to the present day exitement of digital photography. What a ride!!! Early on I was a Nikon, Canon and Olympus owner, but as I reviewed the ever changing digital offerings Pentax seemed to make the most sense to me. Bought my first Pentax (K10) and never looked back. Currently, I own a K20 and am seriously looking at a purchase of a K5. And yes, I have the cursed "Lense Addiction."

My home, the barrier Islands and low country of South Carolina provide fantastic picture opportunities. As the current President of the 165 member Camera Club of Hilton Head Island (celebrating our 25th Anniversary), I am fortunate to be around a dedicated group of passionate photographers who are willing to share their expertise and tips. We just opened The LENS (Learning and Experience Networking Source) in a local Mall to enhance our learning and networking experiences. Unfortunately, our Club is composed of Nikon and Canon owners, but I constantly am promoting Pentax as a viable and cost-effective alternative.

If you are ever in my area, contact me and I will hook you up with some good alocations for photo shoots.

02-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard, good to have someone with the vast experience and knowledge as yourself.
02-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum. I have a friend who slits her time between Toronto and Hilton Head if we ever get down to visit her when she's there i'll be sure to look you up