Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #1

Hello from Swindon, UK

Hi All,

Joined the forum today after reading it for nearly two years. In the past I've picked up many useful hints so thanks to all who contribute regularly. I have been using pentax k7 for couple of years with mixed results. I have DA* 16-50, 50mm 1.4, and Tamron 90 2.8 macro. Still learning to use these to their best and hope to get some help from this forum.

02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and don't hesitate posting questions! There is an impressive breath of knowledge amongst the user group you can draw upon!
02-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Being an old Englishman, I seem to remember that Swindon had a big involvement with Steam Engines on the British rail system, did it not?
Cheers, Pickles.
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Ole. I am sure I'll have plent to ask.

Pickles, Yes, indeed. There were still some workshops operational when I first arrived in Swindon in 1977. Sadly, all the workshops have now closed and converted to a shopping center. But there is a good Steam Engine Museum that has many memories of its past railway heritage.

03-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Last October I went to the GWR Museum in the old workshops at Swindon. A wonderfully curated museum which conveyed the story of the railway and the completeness of the railway as a system. My criticism in their survey when I left was that their website does not do justice to the collection and the presentation. There were some great waxworks - I think the best was of the shunter between the 94xx 0-6-0PT and the shunter's wagon - the expression on that face. Had a pleasant dinner and pint at a pub opposite the train station.

The lens was STak 55/2.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
03-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum and all it has to offer.