Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Finally did it !

I've been visiting this forum for quite a while and finally decided it was time to -try- and contribute. The last few weeks have been a series of ups and downs with trying to make a decision about my next camera and this site really played an informative role in my decision. I had been trying to decide between going M43 for convenience or sticking with DSLR and making a commitment -- A rather large commitment in my case since I'm not exactly a pro, but just an enthusiastic hobbyist. As tempting as the M43 products are, and with the help of this forum, I finally upgraded my trusty K200d and sprung for a K-5 today. It was a tough decision that will involve a small sacrifice of convenience, but in the end I felt it was the right decision.

Maybe next year I'll go the convenience route to fill in the void; or perhaps even something a little more trendy. But for now I plan on keeping my commitment to DSLR and Pentax in particular. Looking forward to my K-5 and wanted to thank the many contributors on this forum. Maybe someday the tables will turn and I will be the voice of reason for somebody else. The GX1 is quite impressive, but with the current K-5 pricing and the fact I have a couple lenses already, the decision became obvious to me.

02-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and congratulations with your K-5! An interesting future option could be the Ricoh GXR, should they decide to crank out a module for the K-mount. You could then continue using your lenses! Or if the Ricoh is not trendy enough, a yellow K-01!