Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hallo evrybody from Amsterdam

Today I bought K-5 and I'm really imprest so far! Camera is almost perfect for me and my needs, very easy to use and control.
Tomorrow I'm planning to go outside and to do some test. This is my first Pentax camera, I'm coming from film age and manual camera's(at least I did it manual).
I embraced the digital age wholeheartedly, it's great time for photography.
I like auto focus but manual focus gives me a special feeling so I'm planing to get Katzeye and some old manual Pentax lenses.
I'm wideangle junkie, I got UWA Sigma10-20mm 4-5.6 lens today as well and together with K-5 it was a cosmic experience, lovely
I love to shoot cityscapes, landscapes and macro, just recently I discovered macro photography.
This site is really good, plethora of useful information and tips, good work!!
And please forgive me my English.

Thank you!!

03-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

you english seems better than that of some of us who know no other.....

the k5 is my 3rd digital, which followed using film models since the early 1970's. I have a number of manual focus lenses, and although I bought a Katzeye a few months ago, haven't gotten around to install it yet....

for the macro you mostly need to use manual focus anyway---or more to the point, set the lens for the magnification you want, and then move the camera.....
but I much recommend one of Pentax's auto focus macros.---not for the auto focus, but because they extend to 1:1x while the older manual focus ones while
optically fine only extent to 1:.5x meaning that you must fuss with extension tubes to get to 1:1x.
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you I'm planning to get a true macro lens before this spring and later on I'll try to get some more equipment for macro photography.
QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
for the macro you mostly need to use manual focus anyway---or more to the point, set the lens for the magnification you want, and then move the camera.....
I hope the Katzeye will be handy
Thanks for your tip's and don't let your Katzeye collect dust...