Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Colorado

Long time very amateur photographer here. OM1, Pentax SF10 (shot a lot of pictures with that), first real digital was an Olympus Z2100, then upgraded to an Oly Evolt E-500, but never was completely happy with it.

I bought the Evolt 500 based on my Z2100 - the 2100 was (and continues to be) a great 2 megapixel camera - one of Olympus's best I believe. The Evolt camera may have had a focus problem, I couldn't get images to be as tack sharp as I thought they should be. By the way, I got the Evolt 500m before the K10D was introduced.

Then I stopped in a local camera store, and the salesperson showed me the K10d. Two weeks later I was shooting photos with it! There are so many things about this Pentax that just work "right" for me! I really enjoy it.

I've been on the forum for a few weeks now, and have learned many new tricks so far. Thanks to all who support and contribute!

Al S, in Colorado

01-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by fillerupmac Quote
Long time very amateur photographer here. OM1, Pentax SF10 (shot a lot of pictures with that), first real digital was an Olympus Z2100, then upgraded to an Oly Evolt E-500, but never was completely happy with it.

I've been on the forum for a few weeks now, and have learned many new tricks so far. Thanks to all who support and contribute!

Al S, in Colorado
Al, hopefully you are going to have fun here with other Pentax users. Welcome to the world of Pentax, as I am an Olympus 8080 user but went Pentax for DSLR. I am using the older istDs with lots of miles on it.

-Jeff