Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #1

Howdy from Canada too eh

Hi guys

Im a budding photographer but can't afford a nice dslr so my cameras have mainly been my cell phones (im from vancouver btw, GO CANUCKS)

i stumbled on this site in my search for 808 topics and it seemed like a nice forum to join in so i did

hopefully im welcomed but i can understand if im not since i dont own a pentax at least a digital one ive got an old film one collecting dust in the closet

anyhow Hi again

03-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax forums! One day a camera will come upon you!
03-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome and Beau Photo sells film for your camera.

From the other side of the mountains. In other words Beyond Hope (BC that is ).
03-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #4

Original Poster
^^ hey thanks guys

and thanks for the info about Beau Photo i havent been able to find film for the life of me locally

03-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

welcome, from the other side of Canada... we just bought some film for our old SLRs, now we need some batteries and we're off and running.
03-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stylinred Quote
Hi guys

Im a budding photographer but can't afford a nice dslr so my cameras have mainly been my cell phones (im from vancouver btw, GO CANUCKS)

i stumbled on this site in my search for 808 topics and it seemed like a nice forum to join in so i did

hopefully im welcomed but i can understand if im not since i dont own a pentax at least a digital one ive got an old film one collecting dust in the closet

anyhow Hi again
Welcome aboard!

This is a very good forum indeed.
Check the Marketplace here, there are loads of nice offers on used gear which may well get you started with a low budget.

By the way: Vancouver - Boston for the finals .... what do you say?
(I sure hope Vancouver will get it this time).

JP
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #7

Original Poster
thanks i'll be sure to look into the marketplace when ive got something to spare

as for the canucks...... they've disappointed me all my life to the point that i stopped watching Hockey... i got fooled twice into having hope, i don't think i could take another

Montreal has a better shot regardless of the standings
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from the center of the universe (at least that's what people keep telling me)

grab some film and get out there's lots of film sources online as well, I buy a lot of mine from Freestyle photo in the US, though Canadian pricing is finally falling into line (henrys stocks it online as well BTW), I would think Dunn and Rundle does in Vancouver as well

Keep your eye on the marketplace as well if you wanted an affordable DSLR for your old lenses look for a DL or DS both great but older cameras . $125 would not be far off what you will pay (If i decide to sell my ds I'll pm you)

apparently the nokia 808 won't be coming to North America (though i'm certain they will show up in the big Chinese markets here and in Vancouver)

as for hockey well i've lost hope a long time back (and i actually went to playoff games as a kid last time they won)
new coach ppphhht they need a couple more local teams. when they have trouble filling seats they'll get off their collective butts and build a winning team.Lately Harold Ballard looks good

03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Craigslist here in Vancouver also has lots of Pentax stuff, and film sometimes.
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome. I'm a Torononian who happened to be in the Boston area for the last game of the cup. Flew down with Don Cherry and Co (and had some folks who also were on the same flight as them for the Vancouver to Toronto leg). Not looking for a repeat this year, but that is more likely to happen than the Leafs doing anything interesting.
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome guys im surprised there's so many canucks on here that's awesome!

thanks for the film info too im surprised there sounds like there's a lot of sources for it im not a fan of craigslist though always hear too many horror stories although i suppose there wont be scammers selling film

Everyones hoping the Nucks will get to face the Bruins again (locally) but I dunno id rather not give it much though as it seems whenever i show interest the canucks start choking lol
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Eh, i support the Leafs because i bought their cap