Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #1

Something New

Hi. I came up on some old things recently and among them was an Asahi Pentax SP500 with a Super-Takumar 1:2/55, Vivitar 49mm Dual Cross, Viv 49mm Polarizing, Soligor Autozoom 1:4.5 lens, a lens extender, and a tan, leather case that had that green foam on the inside that still gives off a hint of stale cigarettes and whisky. The flash still had some old Energizers in it but luckily there wasn't a lot of corrosion, at least, nothing some rubbing alcohol won't fix. I've recently been doing a lot creatively and I'd like to see just how far I can go in this direction. I've read that this is a pretty good starter. I'm excited. Can someone point me in the right direction bookwise or sitewise?

03-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum David. I have the Spotmatic F and a few M42 lenses. They are abundant and cheap so there are a lot of creative lens options out there for you. Check out the M42 lens reviews in the lens database for an idea of how they perform. Also check out Adam's "sticky" post in the Film SLR sub-forum here for a good starting point.
03-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks!
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
David,
Herbert Keppler "The Asahi Pentax Way"
OttoBib - Automatic Easy Bibliography Generator. MLA, APA, Wikipedia, Bibtex Citations

03-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
Just got it on Amazon, thanks wombat
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM - 1 Like   #6
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum - you may want to take a look at Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure.