Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Im new to pentax forum i just created my account today

Hey guys right now i have a pentax zx-50 with a 35mm tamron lens and its working great right now and the photos are turning out good but i was wondering if there is any way of posting the photos to facebook, my photo teacher and my friends say you have to do it through a photo scanner but i thought i would get the information from you guys

03-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photoskater Quote
Hey guys right now i have a pentax zx-50 with a 35mm tamron lens and its working great right now and the photos are turning out good but i was wondering if there is any way of posting the photos to facebook, my photo teacher and my friends say you have to do it through a photo scanner but i thought i would get the information from you guys
some type of digitizing is necessary, as you have to get the photos 'in your computer'. if you have them put on a CD when the film is processed you can get there---but that is just having the phtoto procesor doing teh scanning......
03-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The photos do have to be digitized. If you usually get prints from your film developer, then you can use a basic flatbed scanner to scan the prints. The quality will be ok, but probably not great - good for casual sharing with friends & family. Or, you can have the developer process & scan your photos (to CD, or maybe for download) at the same time. Usually good results but can get expensive. Or you can get a special scanner that handles negatives or slides. You still need to process the film (negatives), but skip the print process (unless you want prints). Then scan & edit your photos in your editing software. Good luck!
03-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

If you are processing your own you will need a scanner of some sort with a film insert. 35mm only the epson v300 ($99 - lower res and poorer software 35mm only) is a cheap option, and ranges up to the V750 ($879 - scans from 35mm to 8x10 negatives)) which is the best flatbed scanner on the market
there are a lot less dedicated film scanners out there now, but apparently some Plustek models are pretty good

As mentioned you can jst use the scans provided on cd when the film is processed, and for FB and the like they are fine. but if you want to edit and print then a scanner of your own will make a big difference.

03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well my friend has a photo scanner dont yo run it through that and save it to your computer and upload it to facebook or any other website? Like this one?
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Well my friend has a photo scanner dont yo run it through that and save it to your computer and upload it to facebook or any other website? Like this one?
Yes - you'd probably want to edit & resize the photo before posting, though.
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, right now i have a pentax zx-50 with a 35mm tamron zoom lens. It's a really good working camera and excellent photos, what camera do you have paulh?
03-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Thanks, right now i have a pentax zx-50 with a 35mm tamron zoom lens. It's a really good working camera and excellent photos, what camera do you have paulh?
I've got a few film bodies, mostly acquired in bundle deals where I was after the lenses. I have an ME, ME Super, ZX-M, and a Spotmatic SPII. The Spottie was the only one I specifically bought because I wanted it.

03-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Have you ever had a pentax zx-50?
03-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you ever had a pentax zx-50?
I had one as a backup camera to my MZ5 and MZ7, I used to travel with 3 bodies for flexibility (colour neg, b/w, slide). it was a pretty decent little camera from what i remember (haven't used one in over a decade now)

As long as your friend's scanner has a film holder yep you can just scan it yourself (getting the best results takes some practice - but for a non critical application but FB you can scan lower res - for things like that when i shoot 35mm i just get c41 films scanned and processed at the same time for $3 at a local drugstore, then if there is something i want a better scan of i just scan the one or frames.