Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Another K-5 purchase (in Slovakia this time)

Hello pentaxians,

I just wanted to share my joy with purchase of my new K-5. Great camera, real pleasure to use now with the Katzeye screen absolutelly perfect.
I recomend to everybody to do this upgrade..

Wish good light to all of you!

Regards,

Milan

03-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Milan,

Welcome aboard. Do you do a lot of manual focusing?
03-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes I do. I like to shoot fast primes and especially the FA77ltd. Manual focusing brings me back to the film days and also gives me the feel that I control how the picture will look like.. And I have also a nice collection of old M42 lenses and it was difficult to use them with the original screen.. Yes AF confirm does its job but the split-screen is the best focus indicator..
03-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nakashu Quote
Yes I do. I like to shoot fast primes and especially the FA77ltd. Manual focusing brings me back to the film days and also gives me the feel that I control how the picture will look like.. And I have also a nice collection of old M42 lenses and it was difficult to use them with the original screen.. Yes AF confirm does its job but the split-screen is the best focus indicator..
That's great. Do you use Catch-in-Focus with them at all?

03-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #5

Original Poster
Yes I have tried the the focus trap but I dont like it at all. It can be used in several shooting styles but not for me. You know, I like the the flow: point - focus - frame - adjust focus and fire..
03-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Focus trap is okay, but often the old manual lenses suffer from front/backfocus and it is not possible to dial in focus correction for each lens individually (I'm speaking of manual lenses here). For that reason Focusing Split Prism Screen + Magnifier is really a better option than Catch-In-Focus for those with many legacy manual focus lenses.
On the other hand if you have just one manual focus lens it is not worthy to invest money into focusing screen - catch in focus tends to be pretty precise.
03-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentax forums Milan! Enjoy your stay here