Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1

Getting ready to take the plunge

Greetings. I'm not yet an owner of any Pentax gear but, after a great deal of research I've decided that the K-5 is for me. Still some deliberations as far as which lens or lenses to start with. I've ruled out the kit lenses and have decided to go 'prime'. The K-5 will be my first DSLR and I expect that it will be quite some time until I've mastered it, much less outgrow it.

Currently, it's the Fujifilm X10 that has reignited my passion for photography. I had been away from photography for some time since my film and SLR days. The X10 is a great camera with intoxicating colors and overall great build. I just crave a much higher degree of creative control now.

I have to admit to not reading the forum rules and regulations exhaustively, so I hope and trust that its permitted to include a link to my flickr page so you can get an idea of what photographically floats my boat. All were taken with my X10. Here it is:

Flickr: pmvdw's Photostream

So for now, I'm leaning towards starting out with the DA 35mm F2.8 Limited Macro as my first lens. Macro is important to me, not for insects but for plants, textures and details in general. I feel that it will make an excellent general use 'normal' lens for me to learn the ropes. From there, who knows what would be next, or when for that matter. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted and plan to be an active member of these forums. Finally, I'll click on the B&H and or Adorama links, to support these forums, when I make my purchases.

Regards,

Paul

03-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome vaper...................

I have a K-5 and an X100 and love them both....................it's like when you have two kids, you love them each for different reasons....
03-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Paul. I think you'll love your K-5 - I know I do.