Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Albums
Greeting from two different cities

As my name implies I actually prefer medium format whenever possible. I've used Pentax, Mamiya and Hasselblad in that format, but it gets better. I've used the original film P645 and currently a Hasselblad with both film and digital backs. I plan on purchasing a new 645d sometime relatively soon.

For non medium format it goes back a ways. I always liked using the Pentax K1000 and ME-s, as well as the Spotmatic and others. The Pentax LX also happens to be one of my favorite film cameras. I've also used other camera bodies using the PK mount; my favorite would be the Ricoh XR-s (without looking it up on the internet; guess what the "s" stands for??). For everyday cameras I can be spotted with just about anything; a pocket Sony, even a Leica, or even my new K-01.

Over the years I've owned over one hundred different camera bodies. I like to thoroughly test all of them well before ever using them for any practical purposes. I like to learn what make each of the cameras excel and what may hold back some of the cameras; so I like to test them with every possible variation. Today I own and use eleven different camera bodies out of the over one hundred over the years.

I got started in photography back in junior high school and was actually making a living at it before graduating. I make an impressive living at my this full time career financially and also (more importantly to me) creatively. I presently have full studio space in both Pittsburgh and Charleston, and an additonal location I'm working towards in Vail Colorado. Although personally I prefer to do work on-location and outdoors whenever possible. In addition to the photography career I also have a second job generally related to computer security.

Any questions??

03-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to the Forum, From reading your posts these last few days I like your attitude about gear and your approach to photography. I look forward to your insights and experiences, as your time allows.

Best wishes on the Vail venture!
« Salve a tutti | hey »