Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #1

don't even have my k-r yet

..but UPS says it's on the way. Just wanted to get a jump and say hi. Name's Matt, going by 97381 on the forum. Ordered my K-r a couple of days ago. It's my first jump into DSLR waters.. or for that matter anything deeper than point-and-shoot. I've spent the last few months going over reviews, agonizing, deciding, lurking on forums, re-deciding, changing my mind yet again.. finally pulled the trigger. Pretty big investment for me. Hope the kit 18-55 can work magic for me for a while, because it will be a while until I can afford more (new) glass.. hopefully I can score a good legacy macro soon though.

I'm attempting to post a few of my best thus far in the "post your photos" forum. Hope you can take a look!

Matt aka 97381

03-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome! Loved the mushroom pic... awesome natural light! The Kr is a ton of fun, I can't wait to see what you get out of it.
03-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 97381 Quote
..but UPS says it's on the way. Just wanted to get a jump and say hi. Name's Matt, going by 97381 on the forum. Ordered my K-r a couple of days ago. It's my first jump into DSLR waters.. or for that matter anything deeper than point-and-shoot. I've spent the last few months going over reviews, agonizing, deciding, lurking on forums, re-deciding, changing my mind yet again.. finally pulled the trigger. Pretty big investment for me. Hope the kit 18-55 can work magic for me for a while, because it will be a while until I can afford more (new) glass.. hopefully I can score a good legacy macro soon though.

I'm attempting to post a few of my best thus far in the "post your photos" forum. Hope you can take a look!

Matt aka 97381
Same here.... been deciding for a jump from P&S to dSLR for couple months I think about 6 months to justify the cost. Paid $550 for my K200D and kit lens at the end of it's cycle (2009). Been very happy with it ever since, upgrade to K5 last year. Hope you develop a passion with it.
My 2nd lens come after a year with the kit lens. Then LBA strike.....