Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #1

Hi there all

Just signed up, and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a recently retired rapidly aging granfather of three and one half. Father of three girls. I have had numerous cameras in my life, mostly Pentax. I still have quite a few going back to my Spotmatic. I entered the digital age a few years back and worked up to a K20D. Yesterday I ordered a K5., mostly due to the raves I have read about it, and because I don't have one. Found the strength to resist the K7, but the K5 kept calling me, and when the price dropped to 999, I pushed the SUMBIT button. Now I guess it's to ebay to sell my K20D to help pay for my new toy.
I am a picture taker, and not to be confused with a photographer. Once in a while I get lucky.
I'm hoping to pick up some pointers here, and see what others experiences were/are. These new cameras can do more than I have discovered, and I am trying to figure out my editing programs somewhere along the way.
Anyway, look forward to seeing what is what. Take care, Dan

03-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From one grandfather to another, welcome to the Forums. This is a great place to learn.
03-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums Dan, enjoy your stay here <3