Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #1

Hi There,

Just joined the forum. I have been visiting this forum regularly for a while and found it to be the best place to know everything about Pentax user experience. Though I am new to the world of Pentax I am not new to photography. I was more into Nikon in the past and wanted to try something different. I bought a K5, 18-135 WR, 35 Ltd Macro, 12-24 Wide Angle from Adorama today. After reading various experiences on different threads on this forum I was nervous opening my courier. On one hand I was excited and curious to take my K5 out of the pack and use it, on the other I was skeptic and nervous about the quality of the K5 copy that I got. Finally after charging the battery and powering up my K5 I did my tests to check for stains on the sensor, shutter clicks, firmware updates etc. Touch wood, zero issues . No stains and the Shutter count is zero.

I have just begun to explore the nuances of this camera and the glass. I will share my experiences as I discover.

Thanks to all the members of this forum whose experience and knowledge helped me make my decision to go for a Petnax K5.

Sri

03-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums Sri, glad you joined us Pentaxians! The K-5 will make you happy as possible
03-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks.
From the first day of my fiddling with the camera I can straight away say that this small looking cutie (K5) is more feature rich than it looks like.