Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #1

New here from Oregon!

Hi there fellow photography nuts! My name is Barry and I an enthusiast mainly doing landscape but I try to dabble with everything. Great forum here I look forward to learning more about my Pentax gear and having a little fun too!

Currently using;

ME Super
K1000
SMC Pentax Macro 1:4/50
Pentax-M 135mm f2.5
Pentax-M 50mm f2

Ricoh TLS 401
Accura 35mm f2.8
Hoya HMC 200mm f3.5

04-02-2012, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Barry, welcome! This is a great forum with tons of info and great photography. I am a transplant Oregonian from the Midwest....hard to beat the NW for landscape photography. Looking forward to seeing your work!
04-02-2012, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Barry - Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots, as you sure have some beautiful country out there. I was out that way just a couple of weeks ago doing a "college tour" with one of my kids (neither of us had been to Oregon before), and it looks as though there's a wealth of landscape/nature photo material in your neck of the woods!

Tim
04-02-2012, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome.

04-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been way too busy lately, need to get out and do a little shooting to shake off the cobwebs from the artistic side of my brain, lol. I just figured out that my k1000 meter is not working, found another k1000 body and kit on the local online classified for cheap...picking it up tomorrow. Thanks again everyone!
04-02-2012, 09:25 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! I have family around Coos Bay and Grants Pass and Medford, and I used to have a place north of Klamath Falls (local t-shirt: WHERE THE HELL IS CHILOQUIN? reverse side: 35 MILES FROM SPRAGUE, OF COURSE!) but I've never considered myself a Webfoot. I've always loved the coast though.

But I digress. I see you're into film. Have you ever considered going digital? I don't miss the smell darkroom chemicals. Much.

Cheers!
04-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome... Love the coastal communities on the southern Oregon Coast! Lots of scenery to capture.

Ah, yes....digital. Well I've been shooting digital for a few years (nikon) when my body went down I decided to try my hand at film....total film newbie. Why film? I dunno, but I'm kinda having fun learning and in the end I think that the experience will make me a better photographer. Why Pentax? I was looking for a film camera and a buddy mentioned that I should go get a Pentax for fun and it has been! I got a ME Super and a few lenses and I shoot a little film once in a while, not quitting my day job any time soon though, lol.

I still shoot digital with my wife's D60 and my lenses....manual focus only though, here is a link to my flickr below.....

Flickr: WOU Sparky's Photostream