Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New to Pentax

I am a newbie to the Pentax forums, and the Pentax system, so I am looking forward to enjoying my new K5.

I have shot with Canon and Sony DSLRs, but the first time I shot with a borrowed K7 I really enjoyed the ergonomics of the camera, so I sold my Sony gear and am now trying to learn my new camera. After going through the forums here I am sure that I will be able to find answers to just about any of my questions.

04-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us here!
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #3

welcome chuyq
04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome Chuy, hope to see some of your work soon.........Cliff

04-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies.
One of the things that drew me to Pentax, besides the camera, was the availability of older lenses, and that the camera can make full use of them. I have been playing with some of the older manual lenses and am having a blast.
Since I came into photography already in the digital age, I never gave any thought to manual lenses. I mean everything is there for you, all you have to do is buy a couple of good lenses, a nice body, and you feel like a complete photographer. But, after playing with some of the older manual lenses, I have found a different type of joy when I look at my pictures and find one that looks just right to my eyes. It is like I am discovering this, new side of photography that I had chosen to ignore.
Anyways, I am glad to have joined this forum, and will be posting some of my pics as soon as I can.
04-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
Kiwi Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome ChuyQ,

I have had a K-5, zooms and 2 manual lenses for a month now. Like you, I am really enjoying using the manual lenses on the K-5, and are finding them really easy to use. I have previously had a Nikon D200 and lenses (now sold) and I am finding the K-5 really intuitive and easy to learn / use. Hopefully this will be the same for you.

Enjoy your Pentax photography, and welcome to the forum.

Ross