Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #1

Evening all

Good evening everyone,

My name is Jack. I'm 16 years old and an avid photographer. I've had about 5 years of experience handling DSLRs, and, over the years, experienced using Nikon D90s, D300s borrowed from a friend. But with my family being Pentax enthusiasts, I managed to grab myself a bargain - a Pentax k100d super.

I've had my camera since June 2008 now, and got it with a standard 18-55mm lens, purchasing a 50-200mm later. You'll rarely hear from me, as I'm sure railway photography isn't really common now-a-days, with me running my own website and forums. I've been going on monthly Flickr (WelshFlickrCymru) meets in the past few years, but have lost interest in landscape photography for at least 12 months; railways being more my sort of thing.

Well, that's my intro over and done with. I'm sure you'll find me posting more questions than answers, but I'd appreciate any advice you'd like to give to me as I'm still only a teenager and so learning as I go is how I've rolled for the past 16 years.

Over and out!

Jack, North Wales, UK

04-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Jack, glad to have you on board.
04-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to thee collective jack. Railroad photography? Lets see it soon as this is a very diverse forum and we are a friendly bunch. Cliff
04-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yeah, railway photography (or railroad as you call it over in the US). I've got a flickr site where my photography is, but I'm not aware I can add links in my posts?