Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #1

New To the list

Hey, everyone....Just thought I would take the time to introduce myself...
I am a disabled adult woman in my late 40's with MS. I spend a great deal of time in my wheelchair. I have a service dog.
I have a camera....well, I did until a few days ago....van was broken into and my ISTd was stolen....No insurance....and they got my better lenses....it sucks...so, I was out shopping to see if I could replace it reasonably, and came across the forum....so...thought I would check it out.
I am relatively "new" to photography....I need to get up off my butt(grin)(wheelchair) and take a few classes at the local college or some of the adult classes at the high schools locally....
I just know that I really enjoy my camera(or did anyway). It was my first DSLR. I picked it up off Craigslist, with 4 lenses, and bag, for a whooping 300.00....and it was the best purchase of my life...
I am thinking that for my next camera I will upgrad in megapixals....but, I am sure familiar with the ISTd....took me a while to really learn how to use it...
But, I have some lenses...some good(mostly smaller ones), some not so good...but again....looking to learn what's what....

So...Thanks for listening to me vent....I know my camera is probably gone for good...it sucks big time...I was really attached to it....

04-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm so sorry about your gear getting stolen like that . You have come to the right place for information and a nice community with similar interests though, so Welcome! One aspect of the information (and community) is finding about what and and where to get gearwise: look and ask (post) around and you should be wiser about that and how to make use of it down the line .
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That really does suck, particularly losing the lenses. Cameras eventually go out of date, but those lenses don't. Keep an eye on the marketplace, and maybe even post a "wanted" thread giving some info about your dilemma. I'll bet there are some K20s or K7s out there people would part with for not a lot of cash...
04-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks!

`I am really looking forward to this forum, altho, I don't have a ton of time....but, I am looking forward to visiting and learning!!!!