Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #1

new guy here

Hi all,
New guy on the forums here... I've been shooting a Pentax K-r for a little over a year now and really love it - I only got into photography shortly before purchasing that - I'm 36 so you can call me somewhat of a latecomer to the game. I am just starting to look into upgrading my lenses some (including older manual focus glass) and this seems like a great place to discuss such things and to learn more! I am also continuously curious about what Pentax has coming up as future cameras and lenses and whatnot (the K-r will be upgraded, probably not for a while, but at some point in the future, so it doesn't hurt to know what is out there and what's to come).
Later on!

04-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi db3 and welcome. Believe me, at 36 you're a child. LOL I'm fairly new also, to photography and this site. The guys here are very friendly except those guys in 'Critique' - they don't tend to do pink and fluffy. I jest. its all good constructive criticism I just haven't the nerve to submit one of my own.

Manual focus glass? I (and many others) would highly reccommend this lens as a cheap start.

SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 Reviews - M Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Last edited by FrostyJack; 04-05-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: a moment of iliteracy
04-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FrostyJack Quote
Hi db3 and welcome. Believe me, at 36 you're a child. LOL I'm fairly new also, to photography and this site. The guys here are very friendly except those guys in 'Critique' - they don't tend to do pink and fluffy. I jest. its all good constructive criticism I just haven't the nerve to submit one of my own.

Manual focus glass? I (and many others) would highly reccommend this lens as a cheap start.

SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 Reviews - M Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Anyway, enjoy your stay.
Jack, I notice you have been here for a year now, don't you think it is about time to submit something?? This is not the "Critique" section. Here you will either get an "atta boy" or will be ignored.. I too, was hesitant to post in my photo posting infancy and these folks here in the photo sharing section are very friendly. OK? Now post something, you just might be surprised. Looking forward to seeing work....Cliff
04-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the collective Dennis, late bloomer? No Problem. As Jack stated, folks here are very friendly and are appreciative of all photo submissions. When I first posted I too was hesitant, wondering if my photos were "good enough", I did not need to worry, all positive remarks, so let us see some of you works soon... Cliff

04-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Db3,

Welcome, I'm with the collective, you are young! I'm new too and it's been quite a while since I saw 36! The important thing is you are using your camera, you've got lots of time to develop your skills.
04-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Jack, I notice you have been here for a year now, don't you think it is about time to submit something?? This is not the "Critique" section. Here you will either get an "atta boy" or will be ignored.. I too, was hesitant to post in my photo posting infancy and these folks here in the photo sharing section are very friendly. OK? Now post something, you just might be surprised. Looking forward to seeing work....Cliff

Hello usn ret

thanks for the advice but i am aware its not the critique section.

I already post regularly in the weekly challenge what I meant was i'm not prepared to enter in the critique section

FrostyJack