Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Getting used to the modern age

Howdy,

Folks call me "Mud", and about a year ago bought a K10d w/ da16~45 and da50~200, for a Grand Canyon float trip.

I like spending time in river canyons. But they're a somewhat tough place to shoot, (catch any sky, and that's blown, or the shadows end up black, OK a split ND filter helps...). Learned a few things over the years. Developed own film and burned paper when I was much younger. I wish there was such a thing as "lightroom" for re-touching prints sent to labs for some of that old library, (I should have stored the negatives in better conditions)

(I'd appreciate some good advice regarding archiving old positives / slides. Many old prints I made from them are very green now. Maybe the positive is as well?)

Anyway, while here, hopeful that some pentaxian can convince the engineers there that while they have been quite successful in keeping "legacy"glass operational, they fouled up when it comes up to using M42 Bellows on Pentax Adapter to KxD's, when they included the "on-board"flash. The bellows rails don't clear the "extra" node on the face of the camera. It takes some "Gymnastics" and a sharp pokie tool to release such an attachment from the body. (pet peeve).

Anyway, Even though my new camera body might become obsolete, I'm not yet. What I appreciate about this modern age is that I can have folks exchange their ideas with me.

Best to you all,

Mud

01-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums sir

You might wan to invest in some extension tube . By attaching the tube before the bellows , you will have the needed clearance .

Feel free to post questions on the film forum. We have an amazing number of great minds in here .
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Fellow Idahoian...

Welcome Mud!!!!

It is nice to see another Idahoian in the bunch.. We have a few on this site...

This site is AWESOME and I personally have learned so much in the just the few months of being a member myself.

Welcome to the family!!

Kim