Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello fellas, from Indonesia with Love

Hello Pentax-users.

It is great to know that Pentax has its own forum for everybody around the world. I have been taking photos since 2 years ago but I use Pentax starting last month. Before, I used Nikon for my DSLR, but for some personal reason I moved to Pentax!
Some short story from my beloved country for you all:

QuoteQuote:
I don't know whether it is also happening in your country too, but people in Indonesia used to use only 2 brands of DSLR: Canon and Nikon. These two are the mainstream in my country, and some people are dumb enough they thought only two of those produce DSLR. And yeah, more than half are teenagers.

So I decide to try another different brand of DSLR. Once I thought Sony Alpha is a good choice, but why not try to use Pentax? Its long and undeniable-competency history made me saved my pocket money and sold my Nikon to buy my first Pentax DSLR, Pentax K-10D.

After bought this DSLR, I realize that in Indonesia, only a few people sell the accessories and lenses. So that's why I have to buy it from e-bay or any other places. But some of online shops reject to have transaction with people from my country because government's security precautions. I am here to prove to the world that Indonesians are not always bad! Indonesia itself is a great and beautiful country, you will have a lot of beautiful pictures to be taken if you travel here!
That's all folks! I am sorry for the bad English since it is not my mother tongue.

Good day and see you.

04-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No prejudice here. You are most welcome to the forums. Some governments do make things a hassle or expensive to ship to though.
04-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
No prejudice here. You are most welcome to the forums. Some governments do make things a hassle or expensive to ship to though.
Thanks kenafein.
Yeah, but somehow there are too many scammers from Indonesia though.
I am not surprised when they manage to keep us on the black list for that reason.