Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Newbie from Colorado

Hello, I'm Troy and live a bit south of Denver, CO. I'm trying my hand at photography and so far no reason to believe I can leave my day job.

I bought a K200D a couple of years ago and love it (std 18-55 lens). Just recently picked up a Program Plus, with Pentax-A 50mm 1:17 lens, a MC COSMICAR 70-200mm zoom and MC COSMICAR 28-80 zoom. Just now trying to figure out how to use them on the 200D...

Also have a Kodak Vollenda folding camera (medium format 620) that was my Grandfather's, wroks ok but the lens is no good (thats my story and I'll stick to it). Others include a Minolta XG-S and Universal CX Mercury II - both just given to me.

So Pentax is the horse I chose with the 200D and it suits my needs just fine.

Thanks,
Troy

04-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If your question is about the lenses which you are going to use with your K200, then in order to use them you should turn your camera settings into manual mode and enjoy the fun. Everything what you have to do further will be done manually - focus, aperture, ISO and exposure time...isn't it fun?...:-)
04-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Vasyl. I've played with the lenses a bit and know about the manual mode part. Just trying to get used to focusing w/o the aid of a microprism/split ring like the film cameras have.
04-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is a little bit more challenging because the focusing screen is smaller than in the film cameras.
I even bought a magnifier but unfortunately it did not work for me...the same story was with the split screen...so right now I am staying with the original Pentax focusing screen and am enjoying by manual lenses and manual mode.
For the still images I use the kit lens (18-55) which works the best mounted on a tripod.
Good luck!