Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to the Pentax World...

Greetings one and all!

It's strange how things work out, don't you think?

A good few years ago when I off-loaded my Nikon D50 and glass, I wanted to get a new decent system that I'd feel comfortable with. I got married, and then we found out a baby was on the way. So a new camera was really neede that could see me through for the long term.

I set my sights (and my heart) on a K-7.

But then got inda blind-sided with a chance to get a Canon 7D at a decent price and hood-winked into getting it. I was never really convinced though (it's a great camera; but for me lacks emotion). I attached some great glass (Leica Summicron 2/50; Zeiss 2.8/21) which seemed to add the emotion to the mix and gave me some stunning shots especially with the Leica! But my eyes are not what they used to be and the little one is moving around a lot so AF is needed! So the 24-70L is now the glass of choice but there's no emotion (go figure!).

So, what do you know - after some real head scratching and scouting for the best option for me, it came down to a Sony a77 or the Pentax. But the Pentax has won the day. So when the 7D comes back from the shop; its sale/purchase time for me!

Just now need to decide between a used K-7 or a new K-5 with some f/2.8 glass. 1st world problems i know but still...

Look forward to being part of the Pentax world.

Cheers for now.

04-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would go for the K-5 if you don't mind paying a little bit more. The jump in image quality is huge!

Welcome to the forums

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: