Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #1

Hello from Melbourne Australia

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and new to DSLR.

I have just bought a Pentax K-5 body after reading through the reviews on it in this forum and have also decided to become a member

I am still trying to decide on my first lens which I'm finding difficult, but with a little more reading, even possibly some advise if i get stuck, I'm sure I'll come to a decision soon enough

A big thanks to everyone with all their helpful advice and comments

Cheers

04-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
good morninmg and welcome Zedman.

Another Melbournian! We will sooon be the most represented city on PF...

I assume you got at least a kit lens and you are trying to decide where to go next?

I couldnt imagine having a K-5 and no lense to play with.
04-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi wizofoz

I have no lens at this stage, just the K-5 body and it's not even at my place yet!

I have an Olympus pen which I'm using for now with two reasonable prime lenses, so I'm still taking some nice shots for now

I've made the mistake in buying two kit lenses with the Olympus pen which are just sitting in my room collecting dust so i want to try and make sure i get a Pentax mount lens which I'll love and use, so taking some time in researching and also saving some $ for a good quality lens is worth it in the long run. Not to say that the Pentax kit lenses are bad, i have read that they are descent but i would prefer ltd's, fas's etc

Say wizofoz, is this a collection of your lenses if you don't mind me asking? - FA 31, 43, 50, 77, DA12-24, 15, 16-50 18-55WR, 21, 35, 40, 50-135, 60-250, 100WR, Sigma 150-500,
04-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Zedman (pronunced Zeeman in the US and A). I'm geussing there are actually shops in Melbourne selling Pentax gear? Maybe that's why there is a strong Mexican, sorry, Melbournian presence here.

Regards

04-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Zedman and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy using your K5! I am still using the old K20 - may consider upgrading when I see what the K5 upgrade will be.
« New to Pentax | Hi »