Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New boy in the UK

My name is Jim and I live in Worcester and have been reading the Pentax forums for a year or so since I bought a new Kr. Back in the 60's or 70's I spent 3 weeks pay on a Pentax S1a then after at least 25 years traded it in for a Pentax P30. When film cameras virtually vanished overnight I turned digital but being offered virtually nothing for the P30 I decided to keep the lens and give the camera body away, that lens is now giving me very good service taking macro shots which brings me to a point that I believe has not been discussed here.

When I fit a non automatic lens on my Kr it asks me the focal length of my lens. Under normal circumstances I would just say 50mm but those screw mount and film camera bayonet 50mm lenses are not the "standard" lens in these digital days as the mirrors are smaller and that 50mm is the equivalent of around 70mm now. Should I therefore say 50mm or 70mm when I tell the camera my lens size?

04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tell it the original focal length, it'll do all the multiplication for you :]