Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Closed Account

NIkon Traitor Joins Pentax

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi everyone

Just sold my Nikon D300 and several years' worth of kit and about to take the plunge and buy a K5. Got a question, though - I can't find a proprietary remote shutter release for it. Don't really mind whether it's wireless or cable, but I'd like to find something reliable, principally for nighttime photography (so wireless shouldn't be too much of a problem). Any suggestions?

Looking forward to joining in the conversation!

Valerie

04-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax F remote

Welcome! There is the pentax F remote for wireless shooting.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Remote-Control-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00005AB9R

Edit: There are also radio triggers which allow you to shoot from considerable distance.
04-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! It's not treason to jump from a sinking ship, just common sense.

OK, so maybe Nikon isn't sinking. Yet. Not like Canon, Sony, Olympus, et al. But soon, Pentax will once again rule the world. And we'll be saying, "Hay, remember Konica, Petri, Minolta, Nikon?"
04-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Closed Account

Original Poster
Nikon Traitor Joins Pentax

Hi guys

Thanks for the helpful responses. Much appreciated. Have now bought a K5 and JJC TM-C Multi-Function Timer Remote Control compatible with Pentax CS-205. Looking forward to taking delivery next week. Will let you know how I get on with the remote release.
See you guys round the forum, I hope.

04-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYR: I use this one, really a great piece...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Just for the record. As I understand it, the Pentax cameras with cable remote sockets are fully compatible with the consumer grade Canon camera cable remotes. Ie cable remotes designed for Canon 350D,400D...etc will work on Pentax.
Verified on K200D and K-5 so far
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Valerie. I am sure you will enjoy your K-5 as much as I do.

04-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome. I came to Pentax over a year ago, but I retained my Nikon gear for dual citizenship, and still shoot with it often. I love them both. In general, Pentax for their lenses, Nikon for their bodies. But the K-5 is just as great as comparable Nikon bodies.
04-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome! Now get an old manual 50mm prime and youll experience what it means to be a pentaxian