Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #1

Greetings from Birch Bay, Washington

Howdy everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself real quick. Hi, I'm Trystian!

I've lived all over the place, including, but not limited to: Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Alaska, Florida, Germany, and parts of Africa.

I first started off with a Pentax K1000 that my dad gave me when I was about 13. I took thousands of B&W and color photos from around Europe and the U.S.. I stopped using it when it started leaking light onto the film on a glacier expedition in Alaska. About 6 years later I decided to get a digital camera, and settled on the Olympus C-4040Z. I used that for a few years, but was very unimpressed by the quality. I haven't taken many pictures in the last few years, but I wanted to get a new digital camera. I've been looking around and was thinking of getting a Canon or Nikon, when a friend told me about the Pentax K-5. Between the reviews, sample images, and the feel of the thing, I'll be picking one up in the next few weeks. I can't wait to get back out there and start using it. I just need to figure out which lenses to get for nature photography (still life/water/animals). It's been a while. I'll probably pick up a D-FA f/2.8 100mm WR macro to start (probably not good for Grizzly shots).

Anyhow, enough rambling. Nice to be here. It seems like I'm in good company.

Have a great day,
-Trystian

Last edited by Trystian; 04-19-2012 at 04:05 AM.
04-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the interesting intro.
The K-5 + DFA 100 WR macro is a brilliant combination.
Enjoy your ongoing journey with Pentax.
04-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums from a former resident of (in sequence) Ocean Park, Crescent Beach and White Rock, a bit North and a lot of hassle at the border. I now live way East in BC. I still have a 16x20 print I took near there of three barnacled rocks near the beach with a Pentax (first model) and 135/3.5 preset Takumar a little South of you. It looks as good as the day I shot it. You'll like digital. No film cost. pretty steep developing cost, but once in it is tolerable.