Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #1

Hello from Baltimore!

Hi, I've been looking around this forum for a while, and thought I might join. I use a canon 350D that I bought at a pawn shop about 2 years ago, and I've been thinking of upgrading to a Pentax. I'm not sure what I'm going to get yet, I've heard so many good things about the K-5, but the price is a bit high for my budget. The KX seems like a good little camera, but I don't want to be upgrading in another 2 years... Anyways, hello, and I'm happy to be joining this site! Visit Flickr to see a few samples of my work, feel free to criticize! I was going to attach them, but I can't as I'm using an iPhone.

04-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, IMHO it would be better to initially spend a bit more at first and buy the K-5 which you can grow into and not as you've said need to upgrade in two years because you out grew your camera. Because you lose money doing it that way, I know because it cost me.
04-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum, IMHO it would be better to initially spend a bit more at first and buy the K-5 which you can grow into and not as you've said need to upgrade in two years because you out grew your camera. Because you lose money doing it that way, I know because it cost me.
I'm thinking of going that way, I guess I'll just have to save my nickels and dimes for it. Selling my canon should help, and my point & shoot Fuji. I haven't even thought about lenses yet, except that I'd prefer using primes. I do a little rube zing, and a little nature stuff, and a little landscapes. I was thinking that I should start with something in the range of 30-50mm and something 90-150mm. Anyone have any suggestions on decent lenses that won't break the bank? I already have 2 lenses, but they are mf, and it's nice to have af sometimes.
04-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another Maryland member (there are a ton of members here from MD, DC and VA) - make sure you join the "NAT CAP Social Group" here in the social groups section...

04-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #5

Original Poster
Will do!
04-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, fellow Marylander.