Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Still questioning

Since I signed on at 10:11 this morning, I have been playing in the site, even trying my hand at uploading a couple of albums. I must say that I am impressed by the scope and quality of the information and the wonderful examples of photography at its very best. I will likely be at home here. It may be that I just have not found the right spot, but I have not been able to discover who the sponsors of this site are. Who owns it? I would feel a whole lot more comfortable about donating (which I am asked to do on every page), if I knew. I'll keep looking around and participating; I may just run across what I am looking for, in addition to seeing more marvellous, and inspiring, photography.

04-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adam in the site owner/maintainer/moderator/main(review) content provider/benevolent dictator. If you are unsure about donating, for whatever reason, you can always buy your products through the forums links to B&H or Adorama. The site gets money that way and you don't lose anything as they have the best prices anyways.
04-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A gentleman called Adam Oest runs it and 'owns' it along with his father I believe.

(I know Adam owns & runs it but I'm not sure what input his father has on it.)

His link is here: Mosphotos.com :: Photography by Adam and Ole Oest
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you, mtansley, the link was helpful. Thanks for the suggestion, kenafein, but I think with the shipping charges we have to bear when buying in the USA, we are much better off buying at home.
I do believe that people who go to the trouble, and expense, of establishing a site such as this, are owed some compensation from the users. My initial reluctance was simply that I wanted to know to whom I was donating. Giving money to Adam and his Dad is one thing, giving to Pentax/Ricoh is quite another.
Anyway, thank you both, very much.

04-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Glad it was helpful.

I know what you mean about purchasing, I prefer to use Henry's & Vistek whenever possible.

Now if only Adam could arrange an affiliation with those two I just mentioned, that would help.

I did mention it once but I believe there were problems with setting up such a system, I believe that neither company had a system in-place to allow that sort of affiliation.
04-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RM Barker Quote
Thank you, mtansley, the link was helpful. Thanks for the suggestion, kenafein, but I think with the shipping charges we have to bear when buying in the USA, we are much better off buying at home.
I do believe that people who go to the trouble, and expense, of establishing a site such as this, are owed some compensation from the users. My initial reluctance was simply that I wanted to know to whom I was donating. Giving money to Adam and his Dad is one thing, giving to Pentax/Ricoh is quite another.
Anyway, thank you both, very much.
I was on my phone and just assumed you were from the US, sorry about that, it's a bad American habit. I'm glad that you'll offer a donation. I was just presenting an option as you seemed to have some reservations. Adam works hard. He needs and deserves our donations.